ATTORNEY JANEL BOWLES
JANEL O. BOWLES, ESQ.
Janel Bowles has 25+ years of legal experience. Her proven track record in the Georgia bankruptcy system has assisted thousands of clients during difficult financial times. Her expertise in bankruptcy and debt consolidation helps clients to regain control of their finances. Janel individualizes a plan for each client's situation. Her attention to detail and effective negotiation skills equal success in helping clients to reach their goals and obtain justice.
Janel attended Howard University in Washington, D.C. where she received a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in management. Upon graduating from Howard, she entered the University of Cincinnati College of Law where she received her Juris Doctor.
Janel is licensed to practice law in both Georgia and Tennessee. She is admitted to practice before the Georgia State Court, Georgia Superior Court, Court of Appeals for the State of Georgia, Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, and the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys, the National Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Janel is a committed public servant with more than 16 years experience in mentoring and coaching professionals, aspiring attorneys and youth. She regularly conducts seminars on credit and debt management and the implications of bankruptcy for churches, professional organizations and student groups.
Past Speaking Engagements
• EDIFY Ministry, “How to Get Out of Debt”, Elizabeth Baptist Church
• National Association of Black Accountants Southern Regional Conference, “Avoiding the Credit Trap”
• New Mercies Christian Church Stewardship Series, "Managing Your Finances"
• Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Economic Empowerment Summit, “Legalities of Starting Your Business”
• Women Economic Development Agency, “Business Law”
• Lambda Epsilon Omega Chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., "Entrepreneur Leaders Workshop"
• Career Day, Kennedy Middle School, Atlanta Public Schools
• Empire Board of Realists, “Understanding My Credit-The Role of Credit in the Mortgage Process”
• Business RadioX Business Leaders of Today, “Bankruptcy Basics”
• WAEC 860 AM, Radio Show Guest, “Bankruptcy Basics.”